7 May 1992
MOTION FOR A RESOLUTION
on the situation in the Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina
presented by Mr GÜL and others
1. Gravely concerned about the unceasing violence and bloodshed in Bosnia-Herzegovina by the Yugoslavian National Army and the irregular forces which it supports, despite the CSCE declarations of 15 April 1992 and 1 May 1992 as well as the United Nations Security Council Resolution 749 (1992);
2. Deeply worried about the continuous loss of life of innocent people and the alarmingly poor humanitarian conditions which they are living in, as well as about the growing refugee problem;
3. Underlining the importance of the preservation of Bosnia-Herzegovina's independence, territorial integrity and unity;
4. Deploring the destruction of mankind's irreplaceable cultural and architectural heritage in Bosnia-Herzegovina;
5. Believes that an immediate end must be brought to these disturbing events before they spread further and take more innocent lives;
6. Calls upon all parties to co-operate with the international efforts towards ensuring a cease-fire and protecting the independence, territorial integrity, unity and cultural heritage of Bosnia-Herzegovina, and for improving the humanitarian conditions;
7. Considers that the special guest status of Yugoslavia should be withdrawn; and
8. Invites the Committee of Ministers to review its decision of 8 October 1991 and to terminate its co-operation with Yugoslavia.
Signed: GÜL, FINSBERG, DINÇERLER, GÜNER, ATKINSON, MIMAROGLU, BENDER, VALLEIX, GUNDERSEN, DEMIRALP, KIRATLIOGLU, CEM, KARAKAS, BERG, DIAZ AGUILAR, RAGNARSDOTTIR.